October 5, 2015

What Does it Mean to be a Good Man, Part 2


In my last blog post, I talked about the journey that I have stared with one the 13-14 years old class from our discipleship program. We had decided, to learn from a biblical perspective, what does it mean to be a good man? In our first time together I taught them the number one thing to do to be a good man is to recognize our problem with sin, a problem that could separate us from God for eternity. 

This past week we got together again, and talked about the second thing that we have to do to become good men. I concluded that we needed someone to help us with our problem. We need a good man as a role model. To which they immediately reply, there are no good men; there are men with one, or two good qualities. But in these times nobody is good 100%. I answered you guys are almost right, and I totally understand where your answers are coming from. But in reality there was a good man. He was so good; that he did not considered self-good. (Luke 18:19).   He is so good. That he is he only one who can help us in our problem with sin. So the second thing to be a good man, is to learn from the only good man that had ever lived, Jesus, we are going to take Jesus as our role model to learn to be good men. We are inviting you to do the same.

-Alan Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails